I noticed a few weeks ago that AGW really has become a religion for some. Let us compare it to a traditional religion;
1. It requires belief or faith. AGW hasn't been proved, the science isn't settled (whatever believers say) so most of them eventually have to fall back on pure faith.
2. It has a heaven and a hell, and tells us if we don't follow a certain path the whole world is doomed to "hell".
3. It has priests and organised "worship". Al Gore, Pachauri, Mann, Jones to name but a few.
4. It has unbelievers, sinners or heretics. Aka the "denial" lobby.
5. It extracts tithes. However, religions only extract tithes or donations from believers - the AGW religion extracts money in the form of taxes from us all.
6. It has a sacred text (IPCC AR4). Much like we are told that some passages in the bible are not meant to be taken literally, and do not damage the maessage of the bible as a whole, errors in AR4 are not meant to damage the credence of AR4 or AGW.